Welcome to the Student Handbook for Masaryk University graduate students.
Student Handbook and Other Guides
- Master programs Student Handbook 2016/17
- Master Students Folder in IS (various forms, all guidelines, etc.)
to help you throughout your course of study.
You can refer to it for information concerning your studies, university rules, and facilities for your student life at Masaryk University.
- International Students section of Masaryk University website
- A-Z Guide for international students in Brno
Primary reference for your studies at Masaryk University
- Masaryk University Study and Examination Regulations – this guideline will assist you in maintaining your student status and will smooth your progress in your studies.
Final State Exam – Department of Sociology guidelines
You can download the detailed information about the final state exam and the thesis writing at the Department of Sociology in the IS folders (you find the following files):
- Final State Exam in Sociology – information, topics and required readings
- Final State Exam in Cultural Sociology – information, topics and required readings
- Examples of the final state exam questions from previous years, relevant for both Sociology and Cultural Sociology
- Master’s Theses – instructions for both programs
- Examples of successfully defended theses in the MU archive: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Registration for the Final State Exam at the Department of Sociology (IS) (see the calendar below for the deadline)
The University calendar, all Departmental Calendars and also timetables of individual programs are linked on this FSS website
Each semester, you need to apply for being enrolled in a term until the specified deadline (usually the end of the first week of teaching). This expresses your wish to continue studies. Changes in course selection can be made until the end of second week of teaching. New students enrolling in the first semester of their studies have to enroll in person.